Thursday 12 February 2009

shoe (EDM 1)



EDM challenge no1!
well, i've got to start somewhere, though i doubt i'll do them in strict chronological order. In fact i think i've done this one before but something about it being a new year and a new me made me want to start again...
i've been admiring everyone's drawings and blogs and have been working hard drawing and writing, but it's still daunting to post sometimes. The idea of having artistic aims for the year instead of resolutions appealed to me, so i formulated a few of my own which include:

1.Being brave enough to draw in public e.g. cafes.
2.Continuing to draw AND being brave enough to post the results whether good, bad or indifferent - it doesn't matter. 
3.Acquainting myself with a wider variety of materials and experimenting more. 
4.Enjoying the process of drawing, photography and writing, just playing and not worrying too much about the end result until later.
5.Meditating daily. Writing, drawing and photographing often, daily when possible.
6.Not worrying about what anyone else thinks. This is hard!

4 comments:

Beth Baxter said...

This is a great start, keep going and you may reach some of those goals.

Rachel Howard said...

I really like your use of lines on this picture, especially inside the shoe. I'm so sloppy with my lines, I chuck them everywhere and then wish I hadn't - I need to get more disciplined like this.

Well done on the goal setting - good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Your a braver (wo)man than I Gunga Din.

Sarah Ketelaars said...

Thank you Beth and Rachel for visiting and for your comments. knittnkitten - i'm still laughing ... ta very much chuck!